T&C and Clinic Rules
General terms and conditions Bodensee
I. Scope of application
- The general terms and conditions apply to contracts for treatment in the clinic and to all other services rendered to guests/patients by the clinic.
- Provisions to the contrary, even if these are included in the guest/patient’s general terms and conditions, do not apply unless they are recognized expressly by the clinic in writing.
II. Conclusion of contract
- The booking is legally binding once we have sent a conﬁrmation of reservation.
- The booking must be cancelled in writing for the contract to be effectively rescinded. In the case of last-minute bookings, this must be 1 day after receipt of the conﬁrma-tion of reservation.
- Visitors or persons accompanying guests/patients may stay in the clinic for up to three days in agreement with the reservation department and if a room is available. From the fourth day onwards they will be treated as guests/patients and the general rates will be charged. They will also be required to consult a doctor.
- Only one package may be booked per stay. No reimburse-ment can be made for unused services included in a package. The individual contents of the packages cannot be altered.
- Cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
Guests/patients can change or cancel their booking up to 21 days prior to their arrival date in writing only without incurring any costs. In the case of last-minute bookings, this must be 1 day after receipt of the conﬁrmation of reservation.
After this, they will be charged the following cancellation fees:
I: 20 to 14 days before arrival = 750 EUR
II: 13 to 7 days before arrival = 1,000 EUR
III: from the 7th day before arrival = 1,500 EUR
Guests/patients who depart before the end of their stay or arrive late will be invoiced for the originally booked stay.
- In case of non-compliance with the clinic rules, Buchinger Wilhelmi is entitled to terminate the treatment at the guest/patient’s cost
- Appointments for individual treatments must be cancelled by the guest/patient by 12.00 pm on the previous day. After that time they will be invoiced even if the patient fails to make use of them.
- No refunds are made for meals not taken.
IV. Services, rates, payment
- The total price for your booked stay in our clinic is disclosed in the written confirmation of reservation sent to you. You are requested to make an advance payment of 1,500 EUR. Please settle this amount within one week after receiving your reservation confirmation to guarantee your booking. You are also requested to make follow-on payments of 1,500 EUR per week. The remainder must be paid before you leave.
- Advance payments must be made immediately. If we have not received any advance payment three weeks before your stay is due to begin, your stay will be cancelled.
- All services are invoiced according to the currently valid list of services. Earlier rates and conditions will become invalid. We retain the right to make changes.
- The contents of individual packages cannot be changed or reimbursed.
- The majority of rates are inclusive. Rates subject to VAT are automatically adapted should the underlying VAT rate change.
- Please note that bookings made over the New Year period may be subject to a change of price.
- The guest/patient will be billed directly according to the rates speciﬁed in this price list even if the invoice is presented to an organization providing ﬁnancial support or to a private insurance company for refund.
- To ensure that the treatment is carried out properly, the clinic reserves the right to engage the services of an interpreter at the guest/patient’s expense, should theattending doctor or the clinic management establish such a necessity.
- Guests/patients are given a room in the category booked. They do not have the right to the use of a specific room number.
- The booked room will be available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival. If the guest/patient wishes to arrive before 4.00 pm, the clinic will charge an additional day.
- On the day of departure, the room must be vacated by 11.00 am, otherwise this day will be charged additionally.
- The reservation department should be contacted for extensions to a guest/patient’s stay beyond the reserved and confirmed duration as well as for all other changes to the booked stay. This is usually only possible subject to a change of room and after consultation with their attending doctor.
- Guests/patients admitted to the clinic for the first time are requested to present a valid passport/ID as well as a valid credit card on arrival.
- Buchinger Wilhelmi cannot accept any liability for lost valuables, in particular jewellery, documents or cash. The clinic recommends that patients/guests use the built-in safe in their room.
- Guests/patients use the parking garage and parking spaces at their own risk.
- A strict ban on smoking and on the consumption of alcohol is enforced at Buchinger Wilhelmi throughout the clinic premises as well as on walking tours and in guests/patients’ rooms. Guests/patients have responsibility for ensuring that this ban is also observed in their room by third parties. If guests/patients violate this ban, the clinic is entitled to charge the guest/patient a special cleaning fee to the amount of 250 EUR. The same applies if third parties smoke in a room with the knowledge or negligent ignorance of the guest/patient. The guest/patient is entitled to prove that no or little damage has been caused. The smoke detectors are highly sensitive smoke alarms that can register both cigarette and tobacco smoke and trigger an alarm without delay. If the alarm is triggered by smoke, the cost of evacuation, calling the fire brigade and all follow-on costs shall be charged to the perpetrator. There is a smokers’ corner on the parking deck.
VII. Final provisions
- The place of payment and performance is Überlingen on Lake Constance.
- The place of jurisdiction is Überlingen on Lake Constance.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies.
- Should any of the general terms and conditions be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions. In all other cases, the statutory provisions apply.
In a place like Buchinger Wilhelmi where the focus is on rest and relaxation, consideration of others and a certain degree of order are essential for the good of the community and the success of your treatment.
- For medical reasons, certain rest times must be observed during fasting. To ensure that all guests/patients are able to rest at midday and at night, please divert all incoming phone calls between 12.00 and 2.00 pm and between 11.00 pm and 7.00 am to your personal voice box that is configured by default. Outgoing calls are possible at all times, including during rest periods. All external doors are locked at 11.00 pm.
- Telephoning with mobile phones is not permitted on the clinic premises or during excursions or walking tours. Mobile phone calls may be made only in your own room with the windows closed (to avoid disturbing your fellow guests). We ask you to sign a corresponding agreement upon your arrival.
- As your responsiveness may be affected during therapeutic fasting in individual cases, some activities (swimming in open water, horse riding or driving) should only be performed under certain conditions. You should therefore consult your attending doctor beforehand.
- If a guest/patient is absent from Buchinger Wilhelmi overnight or wishes to stay away from the clinic for a number of days, permission from your attending doctor is required.
- The minimum age for treatment at Buchinger Wilhelmi is18 years. In exceptional cases, young people aged 16 years or over can be treated if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and if this has been discussed with our management and doctors in advance.
- A strict ban on smoking and on the consumption of alcohol is enforced at Buchinger Wilhelmi, both throughout the clinic premises as well as on walking tours and in guests/patients’ rooms. Guests/patients have responsibility for ensuring that this ban is also observed in their room by third parties. There is a smokers’ corner on the parking deck.
- Please do not wear sports clothes or a bathrobe in the salon or dining room. You are requested to wear European swimwear (bikini, swimsuit, bathing trunks) in the swimming pool area. For medical reasons, we prefer our guests to wear light sports clothing (e.g. tracksuit) during physical exercise (e.g. aerobics, walks). We ask guests to refrain from covering their face (face veil) at Buchinger Wilhelmi.
- Your sense of smell is extremely sensitive during fasting: artificial perfumes (all of which nowadays comprise synthetic fragrance molecules) can be extremely disturbing when fasting, even those we normally like. For this reason, we ask you to avoid using perfume if possible during group activities in the recreation rooms or gyms as well as on walks.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Buchinger Wilhelmi is situated on sloping terrain and is therefore only suitable to a limited extent for guests/patients who have mobility problems or are reliant on a wheelchair.
- Compliance with the regulations set out in the clinic rules is of vital importance for the success of your treatment at Buchinger Wilhelmi. This also applies to the instructions given by medical staff, nursing staff and other senior personnel.
- In case of repeated non-compliance with these rules or instructions, the clinic management reserves the right to terminate your stay. Any resulting damages will be invoiced to you. Please read these conditions for your stay at Buchinger Wilhelmi carefully. By sending you a confirmation of reservation, we assume that you accept these terms. We ask you to sign a corresponding agreement upon your arrival.
General terms and conditions Marbella
Services / Rates
- Patients who check-in to the clinic are expected to be acquainted with and abide by the prices and conditions of Buchinger Wilhelmi.
- V.A.T. is included in all prices. Medical services prescribed by our doctors are tax-free.
- Buchinger Wilhelmi reserves the right to change prices which will not come into effect until after publishing. The present price list replaces all previous lists.
- The prices do not include medicines.
Conclusion of contract / Cancellation
- a) To make a reservation a prepayment of 1500 € is required, accompanied by the duly completed reservation form. Payment can be made by indicating your valid credit card details and a signature authorizing the transaction, or by bank transfer. b) On arrival at the Reception you will be required to present your valid credit card in order to check in to the clinic, which will duly charge 50 % of the coast of your stay to this card.
- The reservation can be cancelled up to 21 days prior to arrival date in writing only without incurring any costs for the patient. After this, patients will be charged the following cancellation fees:
- 20 to 14 days before arrival = 750 €
- 14 to 7 days before arrival = 1000 €
- Less than 7 days before arrival = 1500 €
- Patients who depart before schedule or arrive after schedule will be charged the value of two days of stay.
- We reserve the right to apply the price currently indicated in our price list of your stay in the event of it not coinciding with the price quoted in the confirmation sent by our Reservation Department.
- The booking confirmation secures admission to the clinic before the patient's arrival. The type of therapy to be undergone by the patient can only be decided after the initial medical check-up. In case of doubt, please contact our medical secretary.
- Guests who stay less than five nights are considered as lodging visitors and will ot be charged for a medical check-up. Guests who stay for five days or longer will be considered as patients and will be charged the general fees, since in this case the medical check-up is mandatory.
- Individual appointments have to be cancelled at the latest the day before the appointment (Monday - Friday until 03:00 pm, weekends and bank holidays until 01:30 pm) at the Planning office (“Planificación”) otherwise they will be charged in full.
- Meals or treatments not taken will not be refunded.
- To guarantee that the patient’s treatment is carried out properly, the clinic reserves the right to engage the services of an interpreter at the patient’s expense, should the attending doctor or the clinic management establish such a necessity.
- If a patient explicitely requests to be attended only by a man or by a woman, we will make every effort to respect this preference; however we regret that it is not always possible.
- For longer treatment, cookery and counselling sessions, the prices increase proportionally.
- Please note that bookings made over the New Year period may be subject to a change of price.
Arrival / Departure
- Patients will be allotted the room category according to specifications given when the booking was made. Due to diverse organisational reasons, we cannot guarantee a particular room number.
- Arrival and departure days are charged as one single day. Rooms are available from 4.00 pm on arrival day and should be vacated before 12.00 noon on departure day.
- Changes of dates or length of stay are possible only by agreement with the reservation department, and depending on room availability.
Valuables / Liability
- You are advised to make use of the safe in your room. Our insurance covers its contents up to an equivalent of 3.000 €.
- Cars parked on the car park and their contents are excluded from insurance coverage. The same applies to objects or personal property left in deposit.
Please read these conditions for your stay at Buchinger Wilhelmi carefully. By sending you a confirmation of reservation, we assume that you accept these terms. All patients must sign a corresponding agreement upon arrival.
1. For medical reasons, certain rest times must be observed during fasting. To ensure that all patients are able to rest at midday and at night, please show consideration (by closing the doors, not talking on the phone, using the shower, etc.) between 1.30 and 03.15 p.m. and between 10.00 p.m. and 08.00 a.m. All external doors are locked at 12.00 midnight. Nevertheless, the security guard will allow you to enter on foot until 02.00 a.m. Cars must be left outside.
2. Mobile phones calls are not allowed anywhere on the clinic premises, on organised walks or excursions. The use of mobile phones, smartphones and the like is forbidden in the dining room, lounge and therapy areas. You are requested to restrict the use of your telephone exclusively to your own room, and out of respect for your neighbours, ensuring that your balcony doors and windows are firmly closed.
3. Since your ability to react may be affected during therapeutic fasting, you are advised to consult with your doctor before performing activities such as swimming in the sea, horse riding or driving.
4. Patients who spend the night away from the clinic without the consent from the doctor or the senior nurse may be required to interrupt their therapy and are liable to pay any expenses incurred.
5. The minimum age for admittance to Buchinger treatments is 18 yeras. In exceptional circumstances, admission may be conceded to teenagers of 16 years, accompanied by parents or a tutor and only with the agreement of the clinic management and the heads of the medical department.
6. Buchinger Wilhelmi enforces a strict ban on smoking, on the consumption of alcohol and any food not included in the prescribed diet plan, both throughout the clinic premises as well as on walking tours and in patients’ rooms.
7. Buchinger Wilhelmi considers the full concealment of face (face veil) undesirable. It is essential for us to ensure correct identification and the thorough performance of medical examinations and therapies. In the pool area only quick dryng spandex or lycra swimwear is allowed. In the dining room, you are requested to kindly refrain from wearing bathrobes for lunch and dinner.
8. Our swimming pool is open from 09.30 a.m. to sunset. A pool attendant is on duty to supervise the pool area at scheduled times which vary according to season. Patients, who choose to use the pool outside this timetable, do so at their own responsibility. The use of the sauna is always at the responsibility of the patient.
9. Your sense of smell is extremely sensitive during fasting: artificial perfumes (all of which nowadays comprise synthetic fragrance molecules) can be extremely disturbing for those fasting. Even perfumes we normally like. For this reason, we ask you to avoid using perfume if possible during group activities in the recreation rooms or gyms as well as on walks.
10. Pets are not allowed.
11. On accompanied excursions or walks, assistance can only be guaranteed for those patients who remain with the group.
12. People with reduced mobility or who use wheelchairs should consider that access in the garden and some other facilities may not be entirely suited to their needs.
13. Provision of external services in the clinic or the room is not permitted. 14. External visits may stay at the clinic form 9 am to 10 pm. 15. Compliance with the rules and regulations set out in the clinic rules is of vital importance for the success of your treatment. This also applies to the instructions given by medical staff, nursing staff and other senior personnel. 16. In case of repeated non-compliance with these rules or instructions, the clinic management reserves the right to discontinue treatment. The costs must be borne by the patient.