There are several benefits to fasting and some of them may be surprising. Fasting is a biological stressor that initiates metabolic processes and can be used to treat numerous diseases.
In this Episode Leonard Wilhelmi, the managing director of Buchinger Wilhelmi Lake Constance speaks with Dr Francoise Wilhelmi de Toledo, the scientific director of the Fasting clinics about the indications and contraindications of fasting.
Diseases currently treated at Buchinger Wilhelmi:
- Cardiovascular diseases and their risk factors (Hypertension, Smoking, Coronary heart disease, Peripheral vascular occlusive disease, Chronic stress, Cardiac insufficiency, Peripheral lymphedema)
- Metabolic disorders (Obesity, Type 2 diabetes mellitus, Hyperlipidaemia, Hyperuricemia)
- Chronic inflammatory and degenerative diseases (Arthritis / Osteoarthritis, Migraine, Gastritis / Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Allergies / Asthma, Chronic constipation, Multiple sclerosis)
- Mental and physical exhaustion (Depression, Chronic fatigue. Burnout)
- Prevention and regeneration (Promoting stress resistance and immune defence)